Celebrated the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving.
It’s only seven years old and yet the momentum is felt worldwide.
As a nonprofit, use Giving Tuesday on Nov. 27 as a platform for showcasing your work, sharing your success stories and raising money for the people and communities you serve.
It’s not too late to have a plan. Here are some quick tips to get you up a running quickly:
- Announce your Giving Tuesday plans ahead of time. You want to give your followers, donors and email subscribers a heads up. They’re more likely to give than when you spring the news on them.
- Make sure people know what you do and where their money goes. Sounds basic but some nonprofits need to work on their elevator pitch.
- Get active on social media and send out email blasts leading up to Giving Tuesday. Start now!
- Set a fundraising goal and challenge your supporters to help you reach it.
- Find a sponsor be your anchor donor on Giving Tuesday. Maybe your board members will make their annual gift that day.
- Don’t forget to say “Thank You! to each donor individually and to your community of supporters. Announce your successes on social media and in your email blasts.
Free Giving Tuesday Toolkits to Get You Started
Along with the branding that’s provided for you, Giving Tuesday offers an array of tools to start you communicating and marketing your nonprofit long before Tuesday, Nov. 27 arrives.